Looking at this picture, what do you see?
You may see a typical suburb. Or a small town in flyover country. Both answers would be correct!
However, when we look at the picture we see:
- The commuting patterns that are impacted by zoning decisions
- The small business that is trying to get a building permit to expand
- The school board that is wrestling with rising student populations and the need to adjust enrollment boundaries
- The developer that’s facing an angry neighborhood because her project is locating where the city’s decades old comprehensive plan says it should be built
- The need for a balance between housing and jobs, as well as housing diversity and affordability
- A city that is struggling with the cost of services and the need to grow and diversify it’s economy
- The importance of primary sector jobs, as well as sales tax generating commercial/retail business
Why do we see all that?
We’re experts at understanding the importance of economic development and the complexity of land use.
That’s why we’re able to help the public and private sectors solve their challenges and capitalize on their opportunities.