We have two decades of experience in zoning, real estate development and project entitlements.
Our team of advisers work with builders, developers and land owners, providing a broad range of high value services that improve the entitlement process, resolve complex permitting hurdles and increase your ROI.
Although we primarily work in Washington State, navigating the State’s complex grow management laws, we’ve done work other states, including Oregon, Idaho, California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Iowa, South Carolina and Nevada.
What We Do Best
- Code interpretations and zoning verification
- Resolution of zoning code violations
- Rezones and comprehensive plan amendments
- Conditional use permits
- Variances, deviations and exceptions
- Early project feasibility and support
- Local city/county lobbying, involving drafting, proposing and passing ordinances addressing:
- Permitted uses and bulk standards (e.g. height, building coverage, etc.)
- Planned development
- Lot size averaging
- Model homes
- Negotiation of master development agreements
- Expediting of permits
- Road use and/or haul route agreements
- Annexations (direct petition or election method)
- Night haul operations/permits to work night-time hours
- Negotiation of preliminary and final plat conditions
- Incentive creation and negotiation (exclusive to economic development)
- Site identification and feasibility (exclusive to economic development)
- Annexations, including direct petition method and election method annexations
- Facilitation of public meetings on land use projects or policies
- Third party, expert analysis to support appraisals, resolve disputes, etc.