We have nearly two decades of experience in zoning, real estate development and project entitlements.
Our advisory group works with builders and developers, offering a broad range of high value services that can improve the entitlement process, resolve complex permitting hurdles and increase project ROI.
Our Washington State office primarily focuses on helping developers and builders navigate the State’s complex grow management laws while our Iowa office primarily advises Midwest communities interested in regulations to attract new housing.
What We Do
- Code interpretations and zoning verification
- Resolution of zoning code violations
- Rezones and comprehensive plan amendments
- Conditional use permits
- Variances and exceptions
- Local city/county lobbying, involving drafting, proposing and passing ordinances addressing:
- Permitted uses and bulk standards (e.g. height, building coverage, etc.)
- Planned development
- Lot size averaging
- Model homes
- Negotiation of master development agreements
- Expediting of permits
- Negotiation of preliminary and final plat conditions
- Incentive creation and negotiation (exclusive to economic development)
- Site identification and feasibility (exclusive to economic development)
- Annexations, including direct petition method and election method annexations
- Facilitation of public meetings as may be requires for projects, annexations or policy changes
- Third party, expert analysis to support appraisals, resolve disputes, etc.