Our economic development practice is especially focused on working with micropolitan statistical areas – OMB designated labor markets centered on an urban cluster (urban area) with a population of at least
10,000 but fewer than 50,000 people. As of July 2019 there
are 541 micropolitans, including locations like Elk City, OK;
Rochelle, IL; Moberly, MO; and Sterling, CO.
Click here to see if your community a micropolitan.
We can assist micropolitans with the following:
- Strategic implementation plans
- Industrial park site analysis and recommendations
- Obtaining a “certified” site status, including rail site certification
- Marketing to industrial developers, site selectors, and targeted industries
- Incentive creation and negotiation
- Prospect host training