Our firm focuses the majority of our economic development consulting services on Micropolitan Statistical Areas. Why?
- There are 551 micropolitan areas which are comprised of 21% of the nation’s counties.
- Micropolitans are labor market areas with at least one urban core of no less than 10,000 population and no more than 50,000 population
- Total population in micropolitan statistical areas can range from around 11,000 to over 200,000
- Pearsall, TX (Frio County) is the nation’s newest micropolitan, having been announced in OMB Bulletin 18-03 in April 2018
- Micropolitans have a significant footprint across the US
The following map shows the footprint of Micropolitans across the US.